Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A Bigger Day than Christmas!

Have you heard? We have a GRANDDAUGHTER arriving in February! The 'think pink' mentality is kicking into high gear. Caitlyn and I are already conspiring on having many fun hours ahead planning, shopping, and playing with new little missy Brown! Taylor is still in shock--we all thought it was going to be a boy--but we are thrilled with a healthy girl!

That was the best news we learned from yesterday, but second best news was the delivery of our air shipment. We had a lot of fun unpacking the boxes. I can't wait to get started on some of my new projects--but first we have to find a place for everything! Finding some of the items we packed was like manna from heaven. Other items we packed, well, let's just say we didn't need everything we thought we needed. Items we didn't bring--those are on my American list for when we come back after Christmas. And, unfortunately, I think my coffee maker is busted--major bummer. I really enjoyed finding the pictures of our kids and the digital picture frame on which I can load lots of lovely images to view when I am lonely for a familiar face.

Really doesn't look like that much, does it?

Another great piece of news--my dad is home from the hospital, and he's doing very well. It turned out that the infection he had combined with the initial doses of the prescribed antibiotic sent his body into a tailspin--the equivalent of a medical perfect storm. Thanks for your many prayers on his behalf!

That's all for today--I have a lot more putting away and organizing to do!

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Prepare your life for glitter, princesses, pink and purple and tremendous joy! Sorry I have been behind on reading your posts. I really admire your adventurous spirit and love reading about your experiences. Keep the news coming!!
    Di Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing from all of you! Keep the comments coming! And, big surprise, I have already ordered my first gift to missy Brown. Bet you can't tell what color it was! It has flowers, rose pink, and a little bit of leopard print on it, and of course, the obligatory ruffles, bows and hat! Don may be sorry that I have a lot of time, Internet access and a credit card!

    ReplyDelete

Followers