Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Texas Backroads

I seem to find time to compose my blog in spurts all at once. I've been so buys traveling from one state to another, one family event to another, that I find I rarely have time to write! I am back in Oman now (a new blog to come soon on a recent weekend outing), but have this great material about a trek through East Central Texas between the Ft. Worth area and the Austin area. I was in Georgetown, Texas, to visit family (see my last post on my Uncle Harry!), and we had a great time exploring Texas. My parents and I started off early in the morning and stopped at a Cracker Barrel for breakfast. If you've never been to a Cracker Barrel, it's a quaint, old-timey kind of restaurant. They serve an old-fashioned breakfast that is to die for! The front of the restaurant is set up like an old west general store, with bins and shelves to hold goods, and of course, the rocking chairs that line the front of the Texas front porch.



From there, we moved onto Georgetown. The pictures below show examples of the colorful Mexican pottery available throughout Texas.



Next, we visited the Hippie Cowgirl**. Only in Texas!





**About the Hippie Cowgirl

*SHOP ONLINE or from FACEBOOK* Visit www.hippiecowgirl.com for online shopping. Call us at 512.869.1166 to order something from our Facebook page:) You can also follow us on twitter @HCgtown and instagram @hippie_cowgirl


After shopping some in Georgetown, we took the backroads back up north towards Ft. Worth. Since it was still springtime in Texas, you can enjoy more pictures of wild flowers, old farm buildings, old Texas homes, long horn cattle and more! Enjoy the trek along the Bar-B-Que trail in Texas! Next blog: Hico, a great example of Old West Texas!





Called a Longhorn--no questions as to why!


Old water well on a farm




2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading this blog post while in Texas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your Texas heat and Texas time! It's very humid here right now, but there's none of that good Texas BBQ!

    ReplyDelete

Followers