Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Living the Carefree Life--Maybe?

After a week being back in the Dallas area, I am now in the college town of Nacogdoches, Texas, where my daughter lives. I've been keeping college sleep hours, eating college hours, and having "old-lady-upset-stomach-and-headache"hours! I am just not capable of staying up that late and eating dinner that late without the repercussions that come as we get older!

First off, we did the most important mother/daughter activity: pedicures! Then, we went out to lunch at the Shelley's Cafe, a great little restaurant in downtown Nac (short for Nacogdoches) and enjoyed a nice outdoor lunch topped off by some scrumptious desserts.



A bonus of this trip is that I have really enjoyed getting to meet some of my daughter's friends. They have seemed to have enjoyed my cooking. I tell you what, my cooking hasn't been complimented like this is a long time (sorry sweetie, you just can't compete with all the accolades I've gotten the last few days!). Here is a group of girls I cooked dinner for the other night after their Cru frisbee game.

They were all excited to be in my blog, so here you are girls, from left to right: Emily, Sarah, Katie, Caitlyn, Riley.
The next day, it was my privilege to take Caitlyn and Mycah, one of her best buds, to go scrub shopping in nearby Tyler, Texas. They have both been accepted into nursing school in the fall, and it was time to get those all-important scrubs so they can be monogrammed and ready to go by the first day of school next fall! They had a lot of fun trying on different sizes and styles before settling on what they liked best.




Because they have to have white tops and purple bottoms (Axe 'Em Jacks colors), the girls had to order the correct colors. In case you can't tell from all the grins, the girls were really excited to get this done! I'm excited for them as well, and very proud of the 4.0's they have earned so far in school. I expect great things from them in the future!

We ended up the trip by walking through the SFA Arboretum: below is their tribute to the school in horticultural "Axe "Em Jacks" form!
Beautiful plants--in tires painted purple. (SFA's major color!)
An update to this post:

The girls received their scrubs, and I just couldn't resist posting a picture of them here:

My favorite nursing students!


Congratulations, girls!






1 comment:

  1. Hello dear.You have written a great post. Going to share with my followers on twitter. Thanks for sharing.
    carefree homes

    ReplyDelete

Followers