Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Mimi Meets Julieanne!

I am visiting back in America for the next 3 months, and so I am going to continue blogging from America and share some of my experiences while I'm here!

I have taken a little respite from my blog the last two weeks in order to spend time learning how to be a grandmother--or Mimi, as I have chosen to call myself for now. Julieanne, the cutie in the picture below, did a great job of breaking me in. There were night calls, diaper changes galore (she HATES to be wet even a teeny, tiny bit!), rocking chair serenades (from both of us, but at least I hope mine sounded more pleasant than hers!), and lots of love. She is a miracle, and I can't believe how much I love her already.

Our first meeting--instant love and comfort! I had been
traveling for 24 hours and was dead tired, but couldn't
wait to cuddle with her! I think the feeling was mutual! 
We had one fun day where her mother and I posed her for pictures--some of which she enjoyed more than others, as you can tell below!  My favorite is the "cryer" in the bottom inset--she was so unhappy but expressing herself so well! At only 5 weeks, she is also holding up her head pretty well, and at 7 weeks she has already learned to flip herself from tummy to back!

We got to spend Easter together, another great time for a photo op! Her Easter basket was as big as she was!

Me, my son, and my new granddaughter.
Getting ready for church on Easter morning
wore her out! 
Julieanne wasn't so sure about "sitting" on the sofa to get her picture made!
It was HARD to say good-bye at the airport when I left her to fly on to Texas to see the rest of my kiddos and family, but I'll be seeing her soon in Kansas for another big family event!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers