Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Country roads, take me home, Texas-style!

Spring time in Texas is indeed a beautiful place. Since I am always posting images from Oman and other countries that we have visited, I decided to post some images from my trip back home to the states. The state flower of Texas is the bluebonnet. I got off the beaten track while visiting in East Texas (not on purpose, mind you, but it was a serendipitous accident!), and came upon this beautiful scene of a field covered in bluebonnets:
An old dirt farm road to the side of the main farm property.
This is the same field off to the right side of the road. This picture just does not do the bluebonnets justice!
As we wondered through the East Texas countryside, we came across many scenes full of wildflowers. I just couldn't resist adding these pictures as well! The sides of the road were just covered in shades of sunny yellows, deep reds, melony oranges, soft pinks, lacy whites, and hues of purple and blue.







I am always taking pictures of camels alongside the road when I chance upon them in Oman, so I though I would include a typical road-side scene in Texas of cattle in the fields. As Texans, we take this for granted, but maybe not so much in other parts of the world.
To be fair, countryside scenes do not have a monopoly on spring beauty. Here are some gorgeous examples of spring flowers on the SFA campus in Nacogdoches. The azaleas and tulips are almost through blooming, but it was still a pretty sight!





Lastly, no trip to Texas is complete without a visit to a bar-b-que joint. Here's a picture of Rudy's, where only in Texas you can fill up your car and get a sit-down bbq meal at the same time! Even Rudy's has their spring flowers blooming on the front right corner of the building! Hope you enjoyed this trek through East Texas! So long for now!








1 comment:

  1. Caitlyn has chosen a beautiful part of the country to attend college.

    ReplyDelete

Followers