Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Reunited and it feels so good!


You have to know that leaving family and friends behind is one of the hardest things about leading an expat life--not only for the expat but also for the friends and family left behind. So when we get back together on those few occasions, they are really special. 

One of the things that my mom and I like to do is shop till we drop! Here's my mom in front of the cafe where we ate a hearty breakfast to start out our shopping day. I thought the name of the restaurant was quite fitting. After that, ta-ta-ta-duh, CHARGE! My charge card did get a good work out at some of my favorite retail outlets!



I visited our home church in Texas this past Sunday. I meant to take a picture of the whole group before they left, but here is a picture of the group that must talk the most because they were the last to leave! While I love my church friends in Oman, I do miss the great fellowship of our church friends in Texas.



After church, it was on to a surprise lunch visit with our best friends.  We met at at the Twisted Root Hamburger joint. Yummm----there's nothing like a good American beef hamburger! We sent a picture of us eating burgers to my hubby who is still back in Oman, trying to make him jealous!
Texans are famous for trying to find new and improved things to fry. We had french fried potatoes, onion rings, pickles, and green beans (which were surprisingly good!). They also threw in some sweet potato chips, too.

Traci and I posing in front of the "wall of fame"!

I must confess that the title for this blog came from Shawna, Traci's daughter. She wrote
on the wall inside Twisted Root's dining area in honor of our meeting!---see below

Thus ended my first few days back in Texas! Next, I'm moving on to experience a little college life with my daughter! Will I survive a return to the good old college days?





1 comment:

  1. I just want you to know that I will be humming that song all day long! :) I am glad you are having a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Followers