Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Piano Recital

I am so proud of these three girls! They have been taking piano lessons from me this past school year, and we had our recital Tuesday evening this week. They have been a special part of my life every week for many months, and I just had to include them in my blog posting.

The program:

Each girl had 2 songs.

Receiving certificates in theory and achievement! I love the big grins!

Now, on to the recital. The girls ALL played their songs very well--good tempos, dynamics, and steady beats, and sweet-sounding notes! What a treat to be able to introduce them to a wonderful lifetime skill!








 After the recital, there were roses for each of the girls and a bouquet for me and gift from them.



The girls and their parents gave me an Omani silver necklace--which I will treasure forever!

Dinner after the recital. Yummmm!

Don was my official photographer for the evening, and he could resist this beautiful sunset photo op. You
can't tell from here, but the ocean is just behind the buildings across the street.

Trying to decide what to order...



We had bets going as to who would order this lovely cooked fish...

And no evening would be compete without watching your seafood grilled in front of you!


We had a great evening of music, friendship, fun and food. I will ALWAYS treasure my memories of these two very special families--and who knows? Maybe I'll get an invite to a senior piano recital one day! Even if it is half-way around the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers