Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Fore? (as in golf!)

 I made my first rather big shopping trip last week. There are a few things you need to understand about shopping here. I can never get everything I want at one store--sometimes it's lack of availability, sometimes it's just not ever there, and sometimes it's just me being picky about quality or brand. Another thing that's different from home is that there are stores like a Target inside the malls. Kind of convenient, unless you parked down a level, and you have a huge cart-full of purchases to somehow move from level 2 to level 1 and there's no elevator! They have escalators here in all the shopping centers, stores, and malls that instead of stairs are ramps with "teeth" that grip shopping cart wheels. I've used them many times with Don along, but now that I am mobile, it was time for my first trip on my own. Here's a picture:
The people in front of me have NO IDEA I'm about to lose the
cart because I'm fiddling with trying to take the picture plus the fact
that it is darn hard to hold on to it anyway since gravity is
working against you and my cart is VERY heavy!
I thought you'd enjoy seeing some of the other people at the
mall--going up to shop while I am going down to the parking lot.
The picture below was taken in front of the second store I visited that day. It is a stand alone store, 2-story, carrying both groceries and goods. I like this store a lot; it carries lots of US products that I can't find elsewhere, imported produce from around this half of the world, and it is as close to one-stop shopping as I can get! They have home goods, school/office supplies, toys, appliances large and small, and holiday decorations on the second floor. The parking is close and convenient. I frequently see police cars cruising through the lot when I am there. One thing I don't understand is why people continuously park in the No Parking Zone in front of the store. Tickets are never issued, so I guess that's why they keep doing it! Also notice that the shopping carts are stored outside under the tent. I wonder how hot they will feel this summer........

I have never been to this stand-alone store without seeing at least one car parked in the "NO PARKING" zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers