Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Goats for lunch, anyone?

Okay, okay, so I'm a little delinquent on posting! Give me a break--December was a very busy month, and I just ran out of time. I promise, though, that I will more than make up for it with my next few postings, starting with the scenery in this one!

I went to the Muscat Women's Fellowship Christmas luncheon in December. Nobody told me goat was on the menu--live goats, that is! The setting was unbelievable: a house right on the beach, with a secluded alcove.

Views from back fence of property

These were some of the ladies at my table and with whom I rode to the luncheon. 





The luncheon was in a beautiful setting, shaded by trees, a flowering garden, the beach and the mountains.

I have made many new wonderful friends and sisters in Christ while here in Muscat and am enjoying every minute of this adventure--as many of my friends had told me I would!










Playing a Christmas gift exchange game in the garden.

Towards the end of our luncheon, the goats decided to join us. There was lots
of bleating and head-butting for spots on the rock! I've never heard such a racket!
This mama goat was giving me quite a glaring stare as I took the picture--that mama-bear protectiveness
comes out in all God's creatures! I was glad I was up high behind a concrete fence!
 That's all I have today! Tomorrow I'll be posting photos of our trip to an old Omani fort, so be sure and check back in!









1 comment:

Followers